In This Guide
- Find books about early childhood education
- Find articles about early childhood education
- Find websitles about early childhood education
- Job websites
- Help with citations
- Evaluating websites
- Using library resources from home
- And more
Need books or articles not owned by CTC
5. Begin your search early; finding more sources than the minimum required is ok.
Reduce your stress by starting your research soon after your assignment is given. If you are required to use 3 sources, find 5 or 6 and pick the best 3.
4. Research is not a direct path and may use different search terms.
It's a process, not a fast food drive-thru. You may need to search for both 'dog' and 'canine.'
3. Evaluate information to determine if it is both accurate and current.
The information superhighway is filled with potholes of false and outdated information. Because it is found on the web does not make it true. There may be better sources.
2. Research takes off on the library's homepage.
The library's homepage has resources you need at your fingertips.
1. Ask a librarian.
We are the original search engine.